Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for Issue #510

Concur with proposed resolution - this can also be touched on in the RA.

Associate
Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100
Washington, DC 20005
O: 202-508-6514
C: 202-251-0731

From: Frank McCabe [mailto:frank.mccabe@us.fujitsu.com]
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2006 1:01 AM
To: SOA-RM
Subject: [soa-rm] Proposed resolution for Issue #510

The issue reads: "If Service is a mechanism bringing needs and
capabilities together, how does that mechanism relate to resources and
means? How do capabilitie relate to Services?"

This is, in essence, a corollary of issue 508. We believe that we do not
need to tie services to means and resources as they are an aspect of the
realization of capabilities.

Capabilities relate to services in that services are there to apply
capabilities on behalf of those who have needs.

Proposed resolution: no change to text.