Subject: Re: [soa-rm] [Quick Afterthought on Instantiation] RE: [soa-rm] for discussion - additional suggested changes to PR1 (Part 1)

My first thought is that it would be confusing to associate instantiation with the execution context because you instantiate an exact copy of something, e.g. a class, but the elements of execution context are assembled as needed for the context and, as we note in the RM, the EC can evolve during the interaction.

Ken

On Apr 17, 2006, at 8:13 AM, Matt MacKenzie wrote:

Certainly, but I would definitely say that instantiation is a topic for an RA rather than the RM.  In some architectures, instantiation may be a non-event…

-matt

From: Chiusano Joseph [mailto:chiusano_joseph@bah.com]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 8:06 AM
To: SOA-RM

Regarding our discusison of instantiation below and in previous e-mails for this thread:

I wonder if for SOA (and particularly how we define it in our spec), "instantiation" could be represented by those actions that are taken in order to establish the execution context - e.g. establishment of contracts/agreements, infrastructure capabilities, etc.

Just a quick thought.

Associate

Booz Allen Hamilton

700 13th St. NW, Suite 1100