Subject: RE: [soa-rm] [For Issue #525] RE: [soa-rm] Groups - Proposed SOA-RM Relationship Names (SOA-RM Relationships Names.xls) uploaded

Jeff:

I actually worked on a subsequent rendition of this which incorporated our W3C work.  The document is entitled “interpreting concept maps” and could use finishing.  Contact me if you want a copy.

Duane

*******************************
Adobe Systems, Inc. - http://www.adobe.com
Vice Chair - UN/CEFACT
http://www.uncefact.org/
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee
Personal Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/
*******************************

From: Jeffrey A Estefan [mailto:Jeffrey.A.Estefan@jpl.nasa.gov]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2006 7:26 AM
To: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Colleagues,

With respect to the concept map diagrams in the SOA-RM spec, why don't we just keep it simple and adopt the same "standard" that was used in the W3C WSA (Web Services Architecture) in which concepts are shown as boxes and relationships between concepts are shown as labeled arcs (with arrows).  A very short description is provided in Sect 2.2.3 of the WSA.

See:

or

Perhaps Frank can provide additional insight since he served on the W3C's WSA team.  Then later on, either under the auspices of this TC or perhaps the Semantic Execution TC, a formal ontology can be developed.  I hate to see us loose momentum on ratification of a pretty darn good SOA-RM spec as it's shaping up right now.

Just a thought...

 - Jeff, JPL