Subject: FW: [soa-rm] FW:join Art Caston of Proact EA for this important session

Title: Untitled Document
FYI ...

From: Art Caston [mailto:acaston@proact-ea.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 4:26 PM
To: Bashioum, Christopher D

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info regarding the OASIS SOA Ref model and the work of the Committee.

I don’t have time for a full response at this time but it suffices to say that our work is actually very compatible and complementary to the work of the Committee.  I found your reference model to be very well conceived and also useful in explaining the concepts of services.  I will adopt some of the key terms you have so well defined in our work.

Most importantly, we are proving your premise that service orientation can be applied to business capabilities as a replacement for process modeling as both a reference model and industry tailored reference architectures that can be customized for a given enterprise given their service oriented business model.  In fact, we use service orientation in all four views of our EA framework.

Hopefully you can tune in the webinar as I will talking to and demonstrating the usefulness of service function modeling.  We see it a missing and critical front-end requirement to effective SOA planning and deployment.

Looking forward to further opportunities to share views on this.

Regards,

Art Caston