Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Groups - Editor's draft of PR2 (soa-rm pr2 changes.pdf) uploaded

Going through the changes and comparing with the Proposed
Dispositions, I came up with the following:

- Issue 522 wasn't implemented (now line 500)

- Issues 526, 527: resolved as "Web services" instead of "Web
Services" because more general (now lines 213, 215, 216)

- Issue 529: should be "brought to" and not "to brought" (now line 338)

- Issue 535: all the words are there but what got bulleted and what
is text got a little mangled during transfer from 4/22/2006 email to
Issues spreadsheet.  Spreadsheet should be corrected and bulleting as
in email should be used.  (now lines 254-266)

- Issue 539: Proposed Disposition was modified when edits made and
this led to some side effects
   (1) lost first bolding of "shared state"
   (2) lines 548-549 redundant with lines 550-552
   (3) some wording intended to improve consistency of information
return as an aspect of real world effect was lost
   (4) other agreed clarifications were lost
The discussion leading to PD was email thread concluding 4/26/2006
with my accepting Peter's final changes.  This version is reflected
in the spreadsheet.

- Issue 560: reminder that arrow still needs to be extended

- Issue 567 (or 534-4): resolution during May 3 call was not to
change (now line 311).  Believe this also applies to line 595.

Other things noticed:
- Text added in the Abstract references Figure 1.  Should the
Abstract directly reference rather than just summarize the body of
the document?
- Section 1.5.1
   -- line 106: is there a reason Concept is capitalized?
   -- lines 110-112: more accurately, "The relationships between
concepts in this document are not labeled;  the relationship is
described in the immediately preceding or subsequent text."
   -- lines 113-117: all of our relationships have arrows, so is
there any need for these lines?
   -- suggest combining Figures 2 and 4, deleting Figure 3 and
saying, "Concept maps are used within this document to indicate
concepts and relationships being discussed in the surrounding
text.  There is no normative convention for interpreting concept
maps.  As used in this document a line between two concepts
represents a relationship, where the relationship is not labeled but
rather is described in the text immediately preceding or following
the figure.  The arrow on a line indicates an asymmetrical
relationship, where the concept to which the arrow points (Concept 2
in Figure 2) can be interpreted as depending in some way on the
concept from which the line originates (Concept 1).  The text
accompanying each graphic describes the nature of each relationship."

Now starting to work on all the responses I've got actions on.

Ken

At 04:35 AM 5/16/2006, frank.mccabe@us.fujitsu.com wrote:
>Please review.
>Figure 1 has an outstanding edit; otherwise all dispositions agreed
>to should be accounted for. -- Dr. Francis McCabe The document named
>Editor's draft of PR2 (soa-rm pr2 changes.pdf) has been submitted by
>Dr. Francis McCabe to the OASIS SOA Reference Model TC document
>repository. Document Description: This is an editor's draft of the
>second Public Review of the RM v. 1
>This has markup to highlight the differences between this version
>and PR1. View Document Details:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm/document.php?document_id=18173
>Download
>Document:
>http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/soa-rm/download.php/18173/soa-rm%20pr2%20changes.pdf
>PLEASE NOTE:  If the above links do not work for you, your email
>application may be breaking the link into two pieces.  You may be
>able to copy and paste the entire link address into the address
>field of your web browser. -OASIS Open Administration br

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /