Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Groups - Editor's draft of PR2 (soa-rm pr2 changes.pdf) uploaded

Ken:
  I am a little confused about some of your comments:

On May 19, 2006, at 3:40 PM, Ken Laskey wrote:

> - Issue 539: Proposed Disposition was modified when edits made and
> this led to some side effects
>   (1) lost first bolding of "shared state"

fixed

>   (2) lines 548-549 redundant with lines 550-552

fixed

>   (3) some wording intended to improve consistency of information
> return as an aspect of real world effect was lost

do not know what you are referring to here

>   (4) other agreed clarifications were lost

Ditto

> The discussion leading to PD was email thread concluding 4/26/2006
> with my accepting Peter's final changes.  This version is reflected
> in the spreadsheet.
>
> - Issue 560: reminder that arrow still needs to be extended

I have asked Matt for a new diagram, am about to give up and redraw

> - Issue 567 (or 534-4): resolution during May 3 call was not to
> change (now line 311).  Believe this also applies to line 595.

Totally confused here. I though that we agreed to remove the "one or
more" reference

> Other things noticed:
> - Text added in the Abstract references Figure 1.  Should the
> Abstract directly reference rather than just summarize the body of
> the document?
This is probably weird; but it was agreed! I can take out the
reference easily

> - Section 1.5.1
>   -- line 106: is there a reason Concept is capitalized?

Its in the diagram ..

>   -- lines 110-112: more accurately, "The relationships between
> concepts in this document are not labeled;  the relationship is
> described in the immediately preceding or subsequent text."
fixed

>   -- lines 113-117: all of our relationships have arrows, so is
> there any need for these lines?
leave it in, just in case?

>   -- suggest combining Figures 2 and 4, deleting Figure 3 and
> saying, "Concept maps are used within this document to indicate
> concepts and relationships being discussed in the surrounding
> text.  There is no normative convention for interpreting concept
> maps.  As used in this document a line between two concepts
> represents a relationship, where the relationship is not labeled
> but rather is described in the text immediately preceding or
> following the figure.  The arrow on a line indicates an
> asymmetrical relationship, where the concept to which the arrow
> points (Concept 2 in Figure 2) can be interpreted as depending in
> some way on the concept from which the line originates (Concept
> 1).  The text accompanying each graphic describes the nature of
> each relationship."

Agreed.