Subject: Re: [soa-rm] capabilities of wiki

Jeff, et. al.,

I am intrigued if any of you with a lot of wiki experience have seen
the capabilities I'm talking about in other wikis.  It there is, I'll
definitely be more of a fan.  If not, well I really don't need
another development idea :-)

Ken

At 12:38 PM 5/26/2006, Jeffrey A Estefan wrote:
>Colleagues,
>
>Ken brings up an excellent point regarding any CM (or lack thereof)
>capabilities for the Wiki.  If we intend to continue to use the Wiki as one
>of our collaboration tools, then we should probably institute some best
>practices.
>
>Below are a few suggested by GCN writer Shawn McCarthy that might be work
>considering:
>
>Wiki owners should not be so trusting. At the very least they should do the
>following:
>
>* Require registration for all editors. Accounts should be approved based on
>a person's involvement with a project.
>
>* Establish a version control system that will allow you to roll back to a
>previous version if problems are found.
>
>* Determine who has final responsibility for Wiki content. Changes should be
>reviewed by this person before they are accepted.
>
>* Set rules to keep entries on-topic, with minimal room for opinions, humor
>or other entries that could come back to haunt the organization.
>
>It's not yet clear how we'll be able to institute version control without
>requiring some additional tooling.  Hopefully, others on the list might have
>experience with this and can provide some suggestions.
>
>The full article (it's a short one) can be found at
>http://www.gcn.com/print/25_01/37886-1.html.
>
>  - Jeff

   /   Ken
Laskey                                                                \
  |    MITRE Corporation, M/S H305    phone:  703-983-7934   |
  |    7515 Colshire Drive                    fax:      703-983-1379   |
   \   McLean VA 22102-7508                                              /