Subject: Re: [soa-rm] SOA-RM Mention on WebServices.org

In the author's definition, if you replace the term
Web services with COM (or CORBA) that's what we
thought we were doing 10 (or 15) years ago.  We have
learned a lot about computing interoperability between
organizations in the last 10 to 15 years.

While stating the right buzz words can provide a
general feel for what a SOA is, it doesn't take long
in the application of a SOA for questions to arise
about the deeper meanings behind the SOA.  As an
enterprise architect, I've found the SOA RM useful for
relating those deeper meanings to the technically and
non-technically oriented interested parties.

Danny

http://www.webservices.org/weblog/colin_adam/arriving_at_a_definition_of_soa