Subject: US Federal Transition Framework (FTF) Announced

Passing along some news released yesterday in the US federal government sector, by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB), Executive Office of the President. It's about EA (specifically the US Federal Enterprise Architecture), and I believe there are also applications for SOA.

Please note that I am not speaking officially for this initiative, though it does incorporate the DRM.

From [1]:

"The Office of Management and Budget is trying to develop a standard way of describing cross-agency initiatives and make the sharing of that information easier. OMB officials are asking agencies beginning with the fiscal 2009 budget submission to adhere to a more structured way of characterizing the governmentwide projects that can be mapped to the Federal Enterprise Architecture Reference models. In the Federal Transition Framework OMB released publicly yesterday, OMB’s enterprise architecture program management office provided agencies with a three-part guide to becoming more consistent and making sharing easier."

See [2] for the released materials.

Joe

[1] http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/41281-1.html
[2] http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/egov/a-2-EAFTF.html