Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Try this query

I don't fully agree that there is "something wrong".

I can share that, indeed, most of the visitors to both of our websites come
from the United States, followed closely by India.  However, a large amount
of U.S. traffic is generated by search engine bots and different proxies, so
I can't really tell how big (or small) the difference really is.

BUT, more than 80% of people registering on XWebServices.com to try out our
Web Services are foreign based - India in particular.  My good friends at
http://www.esigma.com have noticed a similar pattern in their visitor logs;
we're seeing a similar trend in our implementation of their directory
(http://directory.soahub.com).

Should we assume that in the U.S. people are more focused on the
"Architecture" and "Design" aspects of SOA whereas overseas the focus is on
"Implementation", especially when it comes to Web Services?

Cristian Sturek
Principal SOA Architect
http://www.xwebservices.com
http://www.soahub.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2006 9:26 AM
To: Francis McCabe; Ken Laskey
Cc: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

The Duane scale for noting how popular something is on the web:

How many links come up in Google?
How many job posting have the term on Monster.com
How many searches are performed per month in Overture.com
How many blogs talks about the subject (technorati)
How many article on the news service (google news is a good aggregator)

/d