Subject: Re: [soa-rm] No vote for SOA-RM

Title: Re: [soa-rm] No vote for SOA-RM
Jeff et al:

I would not like to start speculating reasons for his no vote.  I have formally sent an email to him as TC Chair asking him for further clarification.  Let’s give him the opportunity to respond and then evaluate his position.

The OASIS process stipulates that if no votes are received, the TC must decide how to proceed within 30 days of the vote close.  If he has a valid reason, it is our duty to evaluate it and then decide how to proceed.  We must keep open to the possibility that he has a good argument and we may wish to incorporate it into the specification and resubmit it for the OASIS standard vote.

If, on the other hand, he does not provide any further quantification, we are also able to decide to disregard the no vote and elect that it will become a full OASIS Standard.  At present, my inclination would be to do the latter if we do not receive any additional information but this has to be decided by a special majority vote.

If we take no action, the Specification will not become an OASIS specification.

The process is specified on the OASIS site.

Duane