Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Changes to "What is a Reference Model"

Where is the boundary between pattern and concept?
When putting together SOA systems, I do not think of
the SOA RM as a set of patterns that I would use for
constructing an enterprise system.  I do think of the
SOA RM as a set of concepts that help in understanding
a SOA.  From a formal software perspective, I would
not be inclined to use "pattern" in this part of the
introduction.  On the other hand, it is not a false
statement to say that the SOA RM contains patterns
that will be seen in SOAs.

Danny