Subject: Re: [soa-rm] SOA-RM Wikipedia Entry

Jeff:

Actually, you should not repeat the words in the meta tags.  When they get
parsed, they use spaces and commas as seperators without distinction.  If
you repeat words too often, you are a spamdexer.

Duane

On 9/25/06 9:50 AM, "Jeffrey A. Estefan" <jeffrey.a.estefan@jpl.nasa.gov>
wrote:

> Joe,
>
> Often abused by spammers, etc. most search engines index off of the meta
> element that defines the description and/or keywords for public HTML pages.
>
> I see that you have a keyword meta tag that explicitly shows "OASIS SOA
> Reference Model (SOA-RM)".  This means that unless a search entry is made
> exactly as shown, it won't be seen.
>
> Suggest you create a meta tag element description element such as the above,
> i.e., <meta name="description" content="OASIS SOA Reference Model (SOA-RM)"
> /> or some variant and a more expanded keywords element, e.g., <meta
> name="keywords" content="OASIS SOA Reference Model (SOA-RM), OASIS SOA
> Reference Model, SOA-RM, SOA Reference Model, SOA, etc......." />  [Fill in
> the appropriate "etc., ..." of course].
>
> Give it a day or sp for the indexing to "discover" the updated resource.
>
> Also, what is the status of this Wikipedia posting?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Muzikman67
>
> Cheers...
>
>  - Jeff

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.       *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee*
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                *