Subject: Re: [soa-rm] Result of Voting on SOA-RM v1.0 as OASIS Standard

Guys:

We need to take a formal response to this.  I have already started.  I
actually sent him an email via the Kavi system (for auditability) pointing
out the following an formally requesting more information:

0. I explained the process the TC must undergo if we have a no vote.

1. I noted that his reason for voting no were deemed (by myself)
insufficient with respect to the reasons.  I informed him of the process and
formally requested more detail to fully explain his rationale to the TC so
they can consider whether or not his position is sufficient to justify us
not advancing the specification to a full OASIS standard.  I informed him
that as chair, I am completely neutral and here to facilitate the formal
process.

2. In duly informed him in this email that without providing additional
statements, the TC would no likely have enough information to justify not
advancing it.

3. I also suggested that his comment on the official ballot validated the
requirement for a reference model and that while the RM may not be 100% in
compliance with his terms, it still helps him out since he now has a point
of reference to explain where his SOA is different.

I will take the initiative to send a follow up email to him directly via
Kavi and make a second request.  I feel that given he has had one week
already, a second week is very liberal.  I will nevertheless try tot
establish contact and invite him to our next meeting to provide further
details of his dissent.  Accordingly, this Wednesday's agenda will provide a
portion of time for him to fulfill that obligation.

Duane

On 10/2/06 5:20 AM, "Tom Merkle" <TMerkle@capwin.org> wrote:

> In all fairness, I propose we allow the "no" voter one week to provide a
> detailed analysis of what they consider is wrong or missing with the
> SOA-RM specification. If no new information is provided then we move the
> specification to a standard.
>

> Regards,
>
> Tom Merkle

Sr. Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.       *
Chair - OASIS SOA Reference Model Technical Committee*
Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com                *