Subject: Viewpoint and view requirements

Colleagues,

I think Frank has done a very nice job in capturing the Service As Business
View.  What I wanted to do was re-iterate the requirements for views, which
must conform to a viewpoint.

The ANSI/IEEE 1471-2000 states that each viewpoint shall be specified by:

* A viewpoint name
* The stakeholders to be addressed by the viewpoint
* The concerns to be addressed by the viewpoint
* The language, modeling techniques, or analytical methods to be used in
constructing a view based upon the viewpoint
* The source, for a library viewpoint (the source could include author,
date, or reference to other documents, as determined by the using
organization)

The ANSI/IEEE 1471-2000 states that each view shall include:

* An identifier and other introductory information, as defined by the using
organization
* Representation of the system constructed with the languages, methods, and
modeling or analytical techniques of the associated viewpoint
* Configuration information, as defined by the using organization

Note that stakeholder and concerns here is for the views that are
instantiated based on a viewpoint, it is not the stakeholders or
participants that are being modeled in the SOA context.  In other words, it
applies to ALL views.

You can find more on the topic at the following link on our TheArchitecture
Dev Wiki:
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/TheArchitecture/ViewsAndViewpoints

As well as a SysML example of the viewpoint/view relationship at the
following link on our TheArchitecture Dev Wiki (first figure shown):
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/soa-rm/TheArchitecture/Interaction

Bye for now...

 - Jeff E.