Subject: RE: [soa-rm] SOA RM TC IPR Transition - What is happening?

My preference would still be for a fully quorate meeting with a unanimous decision. I think we could pull it off...

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: Mary McRae [mailto:marypmcrae@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Mary McRae
Sent: 16 January 2007 04:15
To: Duane Nickull; 'Francis McCabe'
Cc: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Duane,

  Here's the formal process that needs to happen:

1. The TC needs to decide which of 3 IPR modes it wants to use (RAND, RF on RAND Terms, or RF on Limited Terms)

2. The TC then conducts a "transition request ballot" which requires a full majority (if the meeting is quorate and the vote is unanimous, you've met the bar -- you need 51% of total voting members to agree rather than just 51% of the members in attendance)

..."The Transition Request must specify one of the IPR Modes under the new IPR Policy as the one under which the TC wishes to operate, and must be approved by a majority of the votes cast by the TC Voting Members (as per regular TC voting procedure) before it can be sent to the TC Administrator."

3. Once the transition request ballot is complete, send me a note with a link to the meeting minutes.

4. I take care of everything else:
a) notification of request to TC and primary voting reps
b) transition approval ballot launched 30 days after request
c) all additional notifications and updates.

Please decide on a mode and conduct the transition request vote as soon as possible - we're running down to the wire to get this complete before the 15 April shut-down date.

http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/ipr_transition_policy.php
http://www.oasis-open.org/who/ipr/transition_faq.php

Thanks!

Mary