Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Microsoft SOA Reference Model

There are two areas of overlap that concern me.  The one is their
definition of SOA 2.0.  It should be based on the RM definition, and
then build on it as needed.  Right now, it seems to be a conflicting
definition.

The other one is the SOA Ontologies.  I see that they are using the RM
as one of their documents, but they should use the RM as an RM, and
again build from that.  They can take the elements and relationships
identified and defined in the RM and describe them formally using OWL,
and then start building on that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Merkle [mailto:TMerkle@capwin.org]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:28 PM
To: Rex Brooks; Danny Thornton
Cc: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

The Open Group is working on or in the process of standing up many SOA
sub-committees. I am the liaison between our group and the Open Group.
I believe the two organizations complement each other, although there
is some overlap. I do not see any problems with the overlap at this
time. Please look at their site: http://www.opengroup.org/projects/soa/
to get an idea of the various SOA areas in their interest.

Regards,

Tom Merkle

Cell Phone:   (240) 375-1966