Subject: Fwd: [soa-forum] Fw: Re: Draft Recommendations

Title: Fwd: [soa-forum] Fw: Re: Draft Recommendations
Hi  Folks,

I thought I would forward this with the URL for the 4th SOA for E-Government Conference http://colab.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?SOAforEGovernment_2007_10_0102

The attached document outlines an approach being presented for categorizing SOA Standards by Use Cases. I posted my comments to the SOACoP list. The gist of my comments:

"My opinion is that REST is extremely limited and unlikely to prove out as the principle on which a workable web services SOA platform evolves. That doesn't mean that I don't think it is viable, just that it is limited and would quickly become tedious and cost-ineffective when ease of replication and ease of aggregation become the determinant factors."

Cheers,
Rex

From: Niemann.Brand@epamail.epa.gov
To: soa-forum@colab.cim3.net
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 08:03:50 -0400
Subject: [soa-forum] Fw: Re: Draft  Recommendations
Sender: soa-forum-bounces@colab.cim3.net
Please see below and provide comments to Bob Marcus directly in preparation for the 4th SOA for E-Government Conference.

Thanks, Brand

-----Forwarded by Brand Niemann/DC/USEPA/US on 06/28/2007 08:02AM -----
To: Brand Niemann/DC/USEPA/US@EPA
From: "Bob Marcus" <bobmarcus1@comcast.net>
Date: 06/27/2007 04:14PM
Subject: Re: Draft Recommendations

Brand:

I believe that it will be possible to present the content of the draft at the 4th SOA for E-Government Conference. While the draft is going through the approval process, I think it would be worthwhile to get input on the approach for creating recommendations. The attached document is an focused extract that can be widely circulated. I would be interested in any feedback from the SOA COP. Thanks.

FYI: I divide interoperability architectures into three categories (Intranet-Centric, Extranet-Centric, and Internet-Centric) based on collaboration patterns. This enables me to tailor the recommendations rather than having a single standard for every situation. (e.g. closer collaborations enable more tightly coupled standards.)

  Bob Marcus