Subject: RE: [soa-rm] leading SOA conferences?

My favorite is the Burton Group Catalyst
- Significant amount of end-user customer studies/implementations BY the actual implementers (Not consultants)
- No vendor presentations that are thinly veiled sales pitches
- Often have some Interop demos etc.. The last one I went to had both a XACML Interop (Sponsored by OASIS) and a WS-Security Profile Interop (Sponsored by the WS-I).  You really get a lot out of it (the real pain involved and not spin) by actually talking with the DEVs and the Engineers working these demo's.
- Lots of networking opportunities

Caveat RE: "..highest quality papers.."

Not an academic conference but one focused on real life implementation and the quality bar of the content is rather high.. I know from personal experience that when I did a presentation there last year, I had to go through a pretty structured and rigorous process in order to move all the way from abstract submission and approval to final presentation which included a pretty thorough review of my presentation by an Analyst who covers that particular area.

Don't expect to see any of San Francisco (where it is normally held in the US), you'll be too busy :-)

Regards,

- Anil

:-
:- Anil John