Subject: RE: [soa-rm] Fwd: Users of SOA Refrence Model or Architecture?

Ken -- The GLOBAL Justice Information Sharing Initiative (GLOBAL) has three related technology projects that together are setting standards and providing implementation guidance for cross-organizational information sharing standards in the national justice and public-safety community (that is State and city police departments, courts, emergency management orgs, etc.)  The Departments of Justice and Homeland Security are actively supporting these efforts.

They are:

National Information Exchange Model (originally sponsored by GLOBAL as GJXDM and then gone broader in the Federal community in partnership with DHS and other agencies.) This is a metadata framework that has produced a large number of "IEPDs" -- XML documents defining standard data exchanges with a specific line of business (e.g., an arrest report.) (NIEM is an alternative to the EBXML framework.)

The GLOBAL Federated Identity and Privilege Management (GFIPM) project, which is a "trust framework" based on SAML/SHIB standards, with an emphasis on the authorization part of access control and federation; it uses the NIEM framework to define data elements in SAML exchanges (which implements complex types for attributes.)

The Justice Reference Architecture (JRA), which is pretty strictly modeled on SOA-RM and -RA, but profiled for Web-services exchanges (of NIEM IEPDs) in the State & local justice environment.

I think you might be familar with these efforts (or at least JRA) since I believe there is some overlap in membership between the JRA project and the OASIS SOA-RM TC.

A link:  http://it.ojp.gov/default.aspx?area=nationalInitiatives <https://dhshqowa.dhsnet.ds1.dhs/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://it.ojp.gov/default.aspx?area=nationalInitiatives>

Regards,

Martin

Martin F. Smith