Subject: RE: [soa-rm] FW: SOA Harmonization for approval

Title: FW: SOA Harmonization for approval

Thanks Duane.

I’d like to support and underline the proposal – I met up last week with Jeff Estefan from JPL, one of the document’s co-authors and an active member of the OASIS SOA-RM TC, and was impressed by the work and the authors’ desire to see this paper promoted as a joint effort - in other words with an OASIS “imprimatur” alongside TOG and OMG.

I think the only issue is to be sure that there is no conflict with any IPR, which seems on first reading to be in the clear, and that this can go out as a TC “information document” without further ado...

Best regards,

Peter

From: Duane Nickull [mailto:dnickull@adobe.com]
Sent: 09 June 2009 09:02
To: James Bryce Clark; Carol Geyer; soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org; Jane Harnad
Cc: Chris Harding; Heather Kreger
Subject: [soa-rm] FW: SOA Harmonization for approval

OASIS:

Attached is the final draft of a paper which is the joint work of the OASIS SOA RM Technical Committee, the OMG and The Open Group.  We plan to publish this paper via several outlets to help clarify and explain the multitude of standards within the SOA space and how they fit together.  This paper took 6 months of hard work by several devoted individuals and is for the benefit of those seeking to understand the issues.

If there are any official steps this document has to go through before being published or any footnotes, please let me know now, otherwise we will publish it as is by the end of this week.  It is considered to be non-normative and for illustration purposes.  It does not in any way constrain any of the relevant specifications.

Best wishes

Sr. Technical Evangelist – Adobe Systems
Chair – OASIS SOA RM Technical Committee
Manager – Adobe LiveCycle ES Developers List

Blog: http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Twitter: duanechaos
Duane’s World TV: http://www.duanesworldtv.org
Band: http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury