Subject: RE: [soa-rm] RE: Service definition at nauseum

Frank,

Couple of quick responses before another set of e-mail threads emerges.

Regarding your point on access, it’s covered (mentioned in the revised defn and in the RM defn via the interface).

Regarding your point on hiding the implementation details, I agree that this will cause some confusion as I had written it and it should read that the interface is opaque to the implementation, i.e., the interface abstracts the implementation details of the capability.  Will update later after we digest the other e-mail threads.

Regarding your point on a “prescribed technology-neutral interface,” I am referring to the interface itself, not the underlying technology that is used to implement the capability. Perhaps that doesn’t read very clear as written but I believe it is an important characteristic of a SOA service.  If not, we need to be very clear why our view on this should be different than the rest of the world’s view.

Great feedback.  Let’s keep it comin’ and hopefully, we’ll converge soon!

Cheers…

 - Jeff