Subject: submitting issues against SOA-RAF PR3

All,

I’m sending this to both the RM and the RAF lists to get the widest exposure; my apologies for any duplicates.

During the 7 September RAF call, I took an action to review and, as appropriate, revise the comments spreadsheet we will use to track comments submitted during the current review.  The attached is my response to that action.  I removed columns that were in the previous issues spreadsheet but which we didn’t seem to use, and I tried to emphasize the key elements: where is there a problem, what is the problem, what do you suggest be done about it, what do we decide to do.  Most of the column headings have comments elaborating a little on intent and use but not really providing anything unexpected.  I have also added the first four comments we received as examples for filling out the template.  Note that for the entered comments, the line range was only a single line, but I expect many comments will span multiple lines.

Given that those on these mailing lists have already made the necessary IPR declarations, I ask that you use this spreadsheet as an attachment when you submit your comments to <soa-rm-comment@lists.oasis-open.org> .  That will make it easier to incorporate comments into the master comments spreadsheet.  Note, ALL REFERENCES TO PAGE AND LINE NUMBERS SHOULD BE BASED ON THE PDF VERSION OF THE DOCUMENT.

One final item: The consensus during the last call was for everyone to read everything rather than getting focused section commitments as was done in preparation for this review.  A thorough read of the entire document is important because we want to make sure the document is consistent throughout.  However, as you diligently begin at page 1, I ask that you not run out of time and/or energy and save some quality cycles for the latter parts of the document.  There is a lot of good material there that also needs your attention.

Happy reading,

Dr. Kenneth Laskey

MITRE Corporation, M/S H305              phone: 703-983-7934

7515 Colshire Drive                                    fax:        703-983-1379

McLean VA 22102-7508

PR3 issues template.xlsx

smime.p7s