Subject: Re: [soa-rm] ESBs and cloud services

How much logical synergy between doing your work in/by your company (via ESB)  and by cooperation of external (not-controlled) Cloud-provider companies?

- Michael

Sent: Wednesday, April 22, 2015 at 9:41 PM
From: "Ken Laskey" <klaskey@mitre.org>
To: "Martin Smith" <bfc.mclean@gmail.com>
Cc: "Mike Poulin" <mpoulin@usa.com>, "soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org" <soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org>
My question isn’t whether you should to do things in-house or out-source.  There is (and I expect always will be) plenty to debate.

What I really had in mind is that cloud services seem a replacement for an ESB.  Now I could have an ESB in-house for things I do not want (trust?) to put in a cloud, but that is just splitting the problem and adding the complication of making the ESB and cloud pieces work together (unless we can make the two pieces nearly independent of each other).

Is there any logical synergy in ESB and cloud use?

Ken