Subject: Re: [soa-rm] SOA metrics

to 1., exactly!  I would think of metrics in terms of providing expected business value or SOA-associated benefits.  I wouldn’t like metrics of simply “how well did you do what I told you” because that encourages people to game the system to look good.  One of the reasons the RAF talked to Architectural Implications was that conformance was whether you adequately considered and adequately was solely what you saw you needed.

Ahha!  I never thought of looking at the Arch Imps as metrics.  Might be useful.

Any other thoughts?

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S F510          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508