Subject: Re: [soa-rm] 8/17 meeting

Mike--good to hear from you and congratulations on your presentation. Is it on-line somewhere?

Regarding EU regs and public cloud: I have heard from US Federal customers that Amazon "doesn't negotiate" on things like inspection of their facilities. But I suspect that (a) if Amazon won't, then Google, Azure or IBM will; and (b) once Amazon starts feeling serious competitive pressure they will re-evaluate some of those policies. However, just as AWS' GovCloud for US Federal agencies costs about 30% more than their plain-vanilla offerings, I expect EU ComplianceCloud will cost at least that much more. So in the end EU users' competitiveness may also pay a price.

Martin

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Mike Poulin <mpoulin@usa.com> wrote:
On 17th I made a serious presentation in Copehagen on how to use SO concept and Ecosystem for undersatnding and manageing Architecture of Business of a business organisation. Finally, we can link business strategy with target Operating Model via Business and Technology archtiecture. That is, we can architects business and set IT architectures in proper - optimised and directed - boundaries.

On another note, according to new EU Regulations, a usage of such providers as Amazon, which does not negotiate with consumers and does not guarantee safty of data  and compliance with the regulations that the consumers must preserve, will be fined (in case of exposure of unauthorised private information) for up to tens of billions or up to 4% of revenue. Public Cloud can now sleep long and quietly.

Cheers,
- Michael

Sent: Wednesday, August 17, 2016 at 3:24 AM
From: "Ken Laskey" <klaskey@mitre.org>
To: soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [soa-rm] 8/17 meeting
I have not managed to reschedule  Jason from RedHat but I am working my way through AWS online courses.  I am planning to get to the EC2 Container Registry and get some help in understanding how that works.

Do we have material anyone would like to discuss tomorrow or should we cancel 8/17?

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S F510          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508
--------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe from this mail list, you must leave the OASIS TC that generates this mail. Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/portal/my_workgroups.php

--
Martin F Smith, Principal
BFC Consulting, LLC