Subject: ongoing activities and meetings added to calendar

I have refreshed our meetings on the OASIS calendar starting October 26.  The date was by accident — I meant to start with tomorrow’s call — but, as it turns out, I have a conflict tomorrow and will be taking time off for a religious holiday in two weeks, so the October 26 date is accurate for my availability.

While it has been a while since we had a call, some subset of us have had continuing activities to try to understand where microservices fit with SOA.  Martin Smith, Bob Natale, and I met for lunch, and Bob and I had a very interesting phone call with Nginx after seeing an eBook from them entitled “SOA vs. microservices”.  I was hoping Bob would be able to brief the group tomorrow but he also has a conflict.

I encourage people to continue activities to expand our understanding of the SOA/microservices landscape.  Personally, I am still interested in being able to say something useful about service interface granularity.  I think this also impacts the microservices narrative.

I look forward to our future discussions.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S F510          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-1379