Subject: Fwd: Containers - docker - Micro-Services - Dev Ops unraveled in Webinar 11/17 at 11:00 AM EST

Well, this does say

Please forward email to colleagues that may be interested.

and this fits well with our recent discussions.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S F510          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-1379
McLean VA 22102-7508

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bruce Marcey <bmarcey@redhat.com>
Date: November 10, 2016 at 12:34:14 PM EST
To: Michelle Davis <micdavis@redhat.com>

All

We are getting asked by both the VA and the T4NG community to help understand why there is so much interest in containers/docker/micro-services and how Red Hat is involved and at the middle of these topics. We are currently working with several programs within the VA to implement these solutions. So we put together an hour presentation to help simplify and explain the why, what and how to address or embrace these solutions.

Here is some the questions we will answer during this presentation.

Why is IT looking to containers?

Why are Developers looking to containers?

What problems do containers solve?

How long have containers been around?

What are containers?

What are container formats?

What is docker?

What is OCI, Open Container Initiative?

Where do I get containers?

How secure are containers?

Will they solve the VM portability issues?

What is Micro-Services?

What is the difference between Micro-Services and containers?

Does Red Hat make containers?

How is Red Hat involved in the container solutions?

How do containers play in the Mode 1(traditional) and Mode 2(agile CI/CD) applications?

What are Mode 1 and Mode 2 applications?

What if my group only has Mode 1 applications?

Who do I call for more information on these solutions?

Below please find a couple of 2 minute videos as a teaser to the Webinar

Why Containers?

https://www.redhat.com/en/about/videos/why-containers

Why Red Hat Containers?

https://www.redhat.com/en/about/videos/why-red-hat-containers

Please forward email to colleagues that may be interested.

Please mark your calendars and join Michelle Davis, Red Hat Senior Solutions Architect on Thursday November 17 at 11:00 EST …… Webinar link below:

http://carahsoft.adobeconnect.com/rh/

Click “Enter as a Guest” and type in your FIRST and LAST name in the field marked “Name,” then click on the box that says “Enter Room.”

To hear the presentation you have two options:

1. To listen via your computer speakers, hit “Listen Only” and you will automatically be connected.

2. To listen via the telephone, enter your phone number when prompted and hit “Join” to have the system dial out to you.

If you have logistic issues the day of webinar please contact kareem.sibay@carasoft.com

Many Thanks

Bruce

Bruce Marcey