Subject: RE: RE: [soa-rm] compact blurbs on microservices

Hi Mike,

I was formulating a response to Ken’s query _on behalf of_ a hypothetical microservices evangelist … i.e., adopting the mindset of such a person … in that context, I believe that the definition I offered holds.

We can disparage it all we want, but if the hyperscale players continue to optimize for the packaging benefits of the microservices model along the Agile/DevOps movement, we might have to accept it and make the best of it … which certainly offers new opportunities for SOA and COS principles, designs, etc. IMHO.

Avanti,

BobN

From: Mike Poulin [mailto:mpoulin@usa.com]
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2016 7:56 AM
To: Natale, Bob <RNATALE@mitre.org>
Cc: Laskey, Ken <klaskey@mitre.org>; soa-rm@lists.oasis-open.org

Wow, Bob!

if I do not use any - no one microservice, I do not have an application do I?

The statement "An application is a composition of one or more microservices and other implementation mechanisms that provides a coherent grouping of business functionality.”That’s quick n’ dirty... "- no, is not dirty, it is shi..y! (Pardon my French)

- Michael