Subject: NGINX Microservices Webinar

Hi Folks,

I'm giving you a brief heads-up while this is fresh in my mind from Today's NGINX webinar.

From the questions section of the day's proceedings, it appeared that the NGINX folks see a wider ecosystem of microservices than we previously thought from their answer to a question about versioning microservices. They said that faster rather than slower announcement or specification of versioning information was preferred based on whether or not there is a smaller, application-based set of service users or a wider set of users.

Although they didn't specify what they meant by a wider set of users, it was clear that it extended beyond a more application-based or -focused set of users. This seems to fit in more with Martin's questions about the scope of microservices reuse of multi-tenant services.They also indicated an awareness of a wider set of MSA-based microservice users in their advice to consider coarser rather than finer grained microservices when decomposing monoliths or larger-scale applications/SOA-services. This seems based on the range of participants in these webinars.

Cheers,
Rex

--
Rex Brooks