Subject: interesting microservices video

This is another Sam Newman conference talk, but I think a fairly good one.  I’m passing it around for a couple reasons:

1. One of his principles focuses on Consumer Driven Contracts, and I couldn’t help but think of points of concern to Michael.  Are there elements of a solution here?

2. Tight vs. loose coupling.  In the SOA-RM, we basically said this was a red herring because it was a buzzword with no useful definition nor useful examples.  Newman provides a good example.
  - Tight coupling: access data elements through use of s common (integration) database.  To do this, everyone has to be exposed to all the implementation (e.g. schema) details.
  - Loose coupling: access data element(s) you want/need through an API without exposing implementation details (e.g. data elements for which you have no interest).

Talk with you on Wednesday.

Dr. Kenneth Laskey
MITRE Corporation, M/S H330          phone: 703-983-7934
7515 Colshire Drive                           fax: 703-983-7996