soa-tel-comment message

Subject: IBM's Comments on the OASIS SOA for Telecom TC Use Cases and Issues PublicReview

Hello,

IBM recommends that the OASIS SOA for Telecom TC consider engaging with the Web Services Test Forum (WSTF, http://www.wstf.org). The WSTF mission is to discuss and address interoperability and general WS* issues. The membership consists of most of the WS* vendors which will provide you a broad unbiased community to work with. We suggest you bring your business requirements and scenarios to the WSTF and allow the members to help determine an appropriate solution. This may lead to testing of intermediaries, which are today largely untested, and/or profiling of intermediary, security, and management concerns. This forum is free to join.

We also recommend that you engage with the OASIS SAML TC on the SAML issues directly or with the WSTF.

If you’d like to discuss WSTF, SAML, or your issues further, we’re happy to set up a call, please contact myself (Dave Ings).

P.S. For those of you who don't know me, I chair the OASIS BPEL4People TC and I am also IBM's rep on the OASIS Board of Directors.

Regards, Dave Ings,
Emerging Software Standards
Email: ings@ca.ibm.com
Yahoo Messenger: dave_ings