soa-tel message

Subject: RE: UDDI: Service Location with SLA or Latency Parameters

Title: RE: UDDI: Service Location with SLA or Latency Parameters

John

The themes of Latency, SLA etc. are indeed in the Charter, and so is UDDI as a potential source for issues related to service discovery.

So no problems if there are some investigations and consequent contributions on the points you raise.

The “spirit” is always the same: if a company or individual sees a potential issue or a potential needed improvement on an existing standard related to SOA applied in “the telecoms field”, contributions to SOATEL are more than welcome in terms of problem rationalization and issue outlining.

From our company perspective we do not have bandwidth to develop a contribution on this theme but more than willing to review it if somebody takes time end effort to produce it.

Enrico

From: John Storrie [mailto:storrie@nortel.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 12:56 PM
To: soa-tel@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi all,

I did some investigation with some internal UDDI folks and it looks as if it might be advantageous to look at the "accessPoint" in section 3.5.2.1 of the current UDDI specification, http://uddi.org/pubs/uddi_v3.htm#_Ref8977716 as this is part of the tModel, section 1.6.4, structure it might be an advantageous place to define new types related to real time performance, latency and other communications related selection criteria, and Appendix B of the specification outlines how to add a new type. The accessPoint is also part of the "bindingTemplate" which is used to describe various technical aspects of a service offered to the user communities.

<<UDDI_tModel.gif>> <<UDDI_bindingTemplate.gif>>
So, we could define a communications related tModel/bindingTemplate that can be then used to reference these specific communications related behaviours.

Let me know if this makes sense as this does appear on the SOA-Tel charter.

Regards John