staff-liaison-foss message

Subject: OFE on EU cyber acts, FOSS, and FOSS thought leaders (was) Re: PLATFORM CHANGE: OFE ... Call 6 Dec: EU Cyber Resilience Act Special

FYI. Some of you may be on this list already. I plan to listen in. Regards Jamie

On Monday, December 5, 2022 at 10:21:17 AM UTC-8 as...@openforumeurope.org wrote:

EU Cyber Resilience Act Special

OFE Community Call 6 December 2022 17:00-18:00 CET

CALL IN DETAILS:

https://osi.gl.blindsidenetworks.com/osi-t0u-myk-3hm

Thank you Stefano and OSI for providing a BBB instance for the call!
We ask all participants on thisÂcommunityÂlistÂto abide by ourÂOFEÂCommunityÂParticipation Guidelines:Âhttps://openforumeurope.org/ofe-community-participation-guidelines/

If you want to work with us on the CRA, we suggest that you subscribe to theÂOFEÂ policy community list

Dear all,

Tomorrow 6 December, we are hosting an extra long OFE Community Call focusing on the Cyber Resilience Act (CRA) (17:00-18:00 CET).Â

We have invited a number of representatives from organisations working on the CRA who will share their thoughts on the proposed law. The particular focus is the Recital attempting to exclude certain modes of OSS from the scope of the law.Â

17:00-17:30: Invited speakers share their views

- Maarten from NLNet Labs

- Mike from Eclipse Fdn

- Vicky from ISC

- Peter from GitHub

- James from Red Hat

- Simon from OSI

- Udbhav from Mozilla

17:30-18:00: Open discussions on CRA implications and paths forward

The "community brief" is a new format for us, so we welcome feedback after the call tomorrow!
All the best,
Astor
--
Astor Nummelin Carlberg
Executive Director

OFE aisbl, a Belgian international non-profit association Transparency number 2702114689-05

Registered in Belgium with enterprise number 721975651 RPM Tribunal de lâEntreprise Francophone de Bruxelles

Registered office: Avenue des Arts 56, 4C, 1000 Brussels, Belgium

Web: openforumeurope.org e-mail: in...@openforumeurope.org

James Bryce Clark, General Counsel, OASIS Open, setting the standard for open collaborationÂ