stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] Proposed time/date for first meeting

Standards Registry participants:

Many thanks for your interest in this project and for subscribing to the
mail list.

I would like to propose that we meet for a concall on Wednesday, 20
February, at 12 noon EST. Please respond to me directly (or use the list
if you'd like) to let me know if that this time will work for you. We've
got ~35 subscribers; if a very large number of you can attend at that
time then I'll set up the call and send out the dial-in info.

On the first call we should try to do the following:

- Review, revise, and accept a charter and process (I will send out a
straw man in advance)
- Select a chair and other volunteer positions (secretary, editor, etc.)
- Set a strategy for project completion
- Set a meeting schedule, agenda for upcoming meetings, ask for meeting
sponsors

I intend for this to be a very lightweight project without a large time
committment for any of you. But we need input from a wide variety of
participants to make sure that the metadata specification we create
meets the needs of a large number of standards organizations.

BTW, this list is archived, and the archives may be viewed at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/stdsreg/ Once we get started I will
also set up a publicly accessible web page.

</karl>
Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
978.667.5115 x206