stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] committee introductions

By way of introduction I present the following:

I am Jo Ann Garcia, Director for the North American Energy Standards Board.  We were formerly the Gas Industry Standards Board (GISB) and as of January 1, 2002, the scope of our organization expanded to include the power (electric) industry.  We create business practice and technology standards for the natural gas industry and soon for the power industry.  I am responsible for the following area of our office:

· Liaison with state and federal commissioners
· Liaison with Board of Directors and Executive Committee members
· Liaison with other organizations
· Membership recruitment
· Membership retention
· Continuing Education Programs
· Backup to the Executive Director
· Monitoring of standards publications

NAESB is very interested in a continuing dialog with any other standards setting organizations that wish to share information.  We are hopeful that the Standards Registry will enable us to have a more focused effort in communicating with other organizations.  I was not able to be on the call this morning, but will do my best to be available for the next call or meeting.

Jo Ann Garcia
North American Energy Standards Board
1100 Louisiana, Suite 3625
Houston, Texas 77002