stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] committee introductions

> I would like to ask eveyone to introduce themselves via the list.

The IST Diffuse Project has been set up to  to provide a single,
value-added, entry point to up-to-date reference and guidance information on
available and emerging standards and specifications that facilitate the
electronic exchange of information. As such the Diffuse Standards and
Specifications List contains information about over 4000 documents used to
define standards for the Infromation Society. The project, which will run
from February 2000 to January 2003, is funded by the Information Society
Directorate Generale of the European Commission.

As Technical Manager for the Diffuse Project I am resposibile for the
maintenance of the links within the system (some 20000 of them) and those
with external data sources (another 10000+ links). I am also responsible for
tracking changes needed to many of the 30 sections into which the Standards
and Specifications List has been split. We try to update information in the
list on a monthly schedule, though this is not possible in some of the more
technical categories of the list, where we rely on external experts to keep
us informed on developments in a specific area.

Martin Bryan
Technical Manager, The Diffuse Project

Diffuse: http://www.diffuse.org, mailto:mtbryan@diffuse.org
The Diffuse Project is funded under the European Commission's IST programme.
Diffuse publications are maintained by IC Focus, The SGML Centre and
TIEKE (Finnish Information Society Development Centre).