stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] call for vote: StdsReg charter

These items are good and nice, but I don't think they get to the heart of the
problem that there are many different registries. I think what is needed is more
"liaison, coordination, alignment" efforts, not to "develop specifications".

The charter is also ambiguous about whether you are talking about XML Object
registries (e.g., the DoD XML Registry at
http://diides.ncr.disa.mil/xmlreg/user/index.cfm ) versus service registries
(e.g., based on UDDI/WSDL) like those hosted by IBM and Microsoft.

Thanks,
Kit Lueder.
MITRE.