stdsreg message

Subject: RE: [stdsreg] committee introductions

My name is Lois Ferson and I am with ISA -- The Instrumentation, Systems,
and Automation Society. ISA is  a standards writing organization, developing
consensus standards for sensors, instruments, computers, and systems for
measurement and control in a wide variety of applications.  Established in
1945 and accredited by the American National Standards Institute,  ISA has
published more than 140 standards, recommended practices, and technical
reports. For additonal information see http://www.isa.org. Currently, ISA is
drafting a white paper for the instrumentation, systems, and automation
field which outlines a high-level classification scheme and attempts to
define the structure, time and resources needed to develop a full taxonomy
for is&a. I hope to apply the methodology developed within this group to
ongoing efforts at ISA and to facilitate exchange of information between
this group and groups active within ISA.

Lois M. Ferson
ISA Manager of Standards Services
lferson@isa.org
+1 919 990 9227 (tel)
+1 919 549 8288 (fax)
ISA OnLine: www.isa.org
ISA - The Instrumentation, Systems, and Automation Society
67 Alexander Drive,  Research Triangle Park, NC 27709  USA