stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] ISONET Information

RE: Action Item 4.1 from 4/9/02 meeting

Below is a link to a PDF file describing the ISO ISONET (ISO Information
Network):

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/prods-services/otherpubs/pdf/informationisonet.pdf

Another document that is part of the ISONET system is the ISONET Manual,
which "Specifies data elements and exchange formats for describing standards
documents, regulatory documents and their subject content for the purpose of
exchanging bibliographical information about these documents."

Obviously a very similar initiative to ours, but the element set in the
ISONET Manual is far more extensive than we are attempting and far too
specific to the ISO process in most cases.   Karl and I did consult the
ISONET element set, however, as one input to our current strawman.

If you wish to view the details of this elements set, you can download the
ISONET Manual at:

http://www.iso.ch/iso/en/prods-services/otherpubs/Informationexchange.html

Bob Hager