stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] Metadata Standard v2.0

Bob

Under the comments section for SDO Acronym you state "To provide for
identical Acronyms for different organizations, the full title of the
organization should be used with acronym following in parenthesis if
available. Note that some organizations use only their acronym, such as
ASTM." The requirement that the full name precede the acronym is
inconsistent with the use of Acronym in the title. What you are asking for
is the SDO Name, which may just be an acronym, as in the case of ASTM. Note
also that in the case of shared standards, such as ISO/IEC and ANSI/AIIM
ones, the names of more than one organization may need to be entered. Also
note that the name and acronym can be dependent on the language being used
(see ISO re French and English versions). Should we mandate that the
Engilish version of the name be specified (which mitigates against national
standards) or allow both national and English variants to be stated? (In
other words, allow this field to be repeated.)

I would prefer to see the Resource element renamed SDODetails or SDOInfo as
this is not a general resource but one specific to the SDO. I wonder if we
should not have a specific datatype for URIs, rather than using string.

Martin Bryan