stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] Considerations on the comment process

Dear Colleagues

Just a few thoughts...

1.  a minimum public availability on the web of  60 days (WTO rules)

2.  all comments made to be considered by StdsReg and responded to

3.  wide circulation to all bodies we can find that might have an interest,
through Bob's consolidated list, but also approaches for comments to some of
the "co-ordination points"  (MoU, ISSB, ICTSB etc.)

4.  circulation and web also to seek views on ultimate "hosting" arrangement
and on willingness to implement.

On Makx's comments, I can commit only CEN/ISSS to implement the spec. for
our Workshops, and not the wider CEN community without a much longer process
(and coming up against the data-base investment issue - change is not that
easy...).  Otherwise, I agree with what he proposes about the way to
proceed.

Best regards
John Ketchell
Director, CEN/ISSS - Information Society Standardization System

URL:http://www.cenorm.be/isss

Rue de Stassart, 36	email (direct) john.ketchell@cenorm.be
B-1050 Brussels	email (secretariat) isss@cenorm.be
Belgium	Tel (direct) + 32 2 550 08 46
Fax + 32 2 550 09 66	Tel (secretariat) + 32 2 550 08 13
	Tel (GSM) +32 75 594 828