stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] JTC 1 interest in the Registry Project

Dear colleagues,

As you know, I am chairing an ISO/IEC JTC 1 sub-committee (SC7 - Software and System Engineering).

I am also very active in the JTC 1 business planning activities.

Once I learned about the registry project at the Inter-operability summit, I started sharing about it with JTC 1 management.

I am happy to announce that  I have been mandated by the JTC 1 chair to represent JTC 1 on this Committee.

JTC 1 management is very interested by the activity of the Standards Registry Committee and its deliverables.  JTC 1 management is interested in participating and contributing to it.  The extend of the contribution is an open issue.

The Registry will be an agenda item at the next JTC 1 Plenary meeting in Sophia Antipolis (France) this coming October.   This JTC 1 agenda item could become decisional if I can send the appropriate documentation (e.g. what it is, specification, documentation + my own recommendations as liaison) in advance of the JTC 1 plenary e.g. at the end of August.

Regards,

François

-----------
François Coallier
Professeur / Professor
Département de génie électrique / Department of Electrical Engineering
École de technologie supérieure
1100, rue Notre-Dame Ouest
Montréal, Québec
Canada H3C 1K3
Tel. +1 514 396 8637
Fax. +1 514 396 8684
fcoallier@ele.etsmtl.ca

Président/Chairman
ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC7 - Software and System Engineering
chair@jtc1-sc7.org
www.jtc1-sc7.org