stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] Metadata Specification v2.8

Bob asked me to clarify:

> +  How do we handle duplicate designations from the different
organizations.
> Martin raised this issue and perhaps can offer some guidance.  This is
> probably something to be handled in the accompanying usage guidance.

There are many standards that have multiple ownership. For example, most
JTC1 standards are shared by both ISO and IEC, but in this case they have
the same number and publication date. Of more importance, is the large set
of standards published jointly by JTC1 and ITU-T, which have totally
different numbering schemes and are typically approved on totally different
cycles, so that an ISO 2001 standard can be an ITU-T 2003 standard.

Martin