stdsreg message

Subject: RE: [stdsreg] Metadata Specification v2.9 - Language

Good point. We had the same comment in the ballot of Dublin Core
as Z39.50 in NISO. The text under the Language element now reads:

Comment: Recommended best practice is to use RFC 3066 [RFC3066],
         which, in conjunction with ISO 639 [ISO639], defines
         two- and three-letter primary language tags with
         optional subtags.  Examples include "en" or "eng" for
         English, "akk" for Akkadian, and "en-GB" for English
         used in the United Kingdom.

This also acknowledges the fact that RFC1766 has been obsoleted
by RFC3066 (see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3066.txt). Note that
the country code should be uppercase, so it is en-GB, not en-gb.

Makx.