stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] Next steps: schedule and liaison with Topic Maps PSI TCs

I read at http://www.ansi.org/Public/Stdsreg/stdsreg.html

"The Standards Registry Committee will create the following:

1. A simple specification for metadata ...
2. Selection of a taxonomy that can be used to classify each SDO's specifications.
3. A recommendation for how standards registries, both current and future, can be used
together to allow common searching across the registries hosted by various organizations."

I was supposed to ensure the liaison between Stds Reg and Published Subjects TC
http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/

... but I've been a little off the debates lately.
What I understand is that #1 is in final draft stage, and moving towards approval process.
Great job BTW.

I've attracted the attention of folks in XMLvoc PSIs TC
(http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/xmlvoc/)
that Stds Reg should be of interest in and overlapping with their work.

I would like to figure when discussions on #2 are supposed to start, so as to be ready to
jump in seriously.

As for #3, I remembered discussing in Orlando XML 2001 with Karl about the fact that it
should be a fantastic use case for Topic Maps + Published Subjects ... I'd like to know if
this idea is still in the air for consideration. If yes, now that metadata definition
seems quite stable, it would be possible to model a TM structure over them, and I would
gladly make a proposal along those lines.

 Bernard

Bernard Vatant
Consultant - Mondeca
www.mondeca.com
Chair - OASIS TM PubSubj Technical Committee
www.oasis-open.org/committees/tm-pubsubj/