OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

stdsreg message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Subject: [stdsreg] StdsReg meeting minutes 11 Sept

Minutes of the Standards Registry Committee conference call #14, 11
September 2002

Attendance: Karl Best, Karen Boehme, François Coallier, Bob Hager,
John Ketchell

(Call hosted by CEN/ISSS)

1. Roll call and welcome from Karl Best.

2. The meeting had no agenda other than discussing the status of the
review materials and giving the go-ahead for Bob and John to start
sending them out.

  a. The metadata specification. Bob reported that he had made a new
version, v3.0, of the metadata which incorporated all comments. There
was no objection to sending this out.

  b. The introductory document. Bob had written an introductory
document based on Karl's initial draft and with input from others.
Additional comments were made regarding spelling, request for the
addition of implementation suggestions, and the addition of a question
whether the SDO was likely to implement the metadata.

  c. The list of SDOs. Bob and John are providing the list of SDOs to
send the review from their own organization's (ANSI or CEN) databases.
As this information belongs to their respective organizations Bob and
John will be responsible for sending out the review information. A
small number of email messages will be customized for certain SDOs
based on their relationship with ANSI or CEN, but generally all SDOs
will receive the same email. Responses to the review should be sent to
Bob, who will compile the information. The review ends 31 December.

All of the above was approved by those on the call; there was no
reason found not to proceed as planned. Bob and John will start
sending out the review information immediately.

3. Next steps. At some point the committee should decide what our
future work should be. Our charter has three deliverables; this review
is the near completion of item #1, but items #2 (taxonomy) and #3
(cooperative regisitries) are probably too large of tasks for our
committee. We should decide whether or how to pursue them. This is a
topic for future discussion.

4. Next meeting. The next meeting will be held 22 October at noon EDT.
At that meeting Bob will report on the to-date results of the review.
Karl will host this call.

Karl F. Best
OASIS - Director, Technical Operations
+1 978.667.5115 x206
karl.best@oasis-open.org  http://www.oasis-open.org

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [Elist Home]

Powered by eList eXpress LLC