stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] Call for Comment Package

Bob

Would suggest you change:
>This standards metadata specification
> has progressed sufficiently and therefore we are commencing with a public
> review.

To read "Our draft standards metadata specification is now being submitted
for public review, and we would like to solicit your organization's
assistance in this review process."

(I want to stress that the review need not be undertaken by the recipient
but by anyone in the organization.)

Also can be please remove the duplication and inconsistent spelling in

> This standards metadata specification was developed by the Standards
> Registry committee, and ad hoc group made up of a wide range of
> representatives from the standards community.  The Standards Registry
> Committee is an ad hoc committee and does not operate under the formal
> process of any other organization.

I would suggest that this should read:

This standards metadata specification was developed by an informal Standards
Registry Committee, an ad hoc group made up of a wide range of
representatives from the standards community.  The Standards Registry
Committee does not operate under the formal process of any organization.

Re

> Please submit your comments by replying to this e-mail (bhager@ansi.org
> <mailto:bhager@ansi.org>) on or before December 31, 2002.  As much as
> possible, be specific in citing which element or elements you are
commenting
> on.

is it possible to have comments sent to the stdsreg mailing list so that we
all see them?

Martin Bryan