stdsreg message

Subject: Re: [stdsreg] Meeting minutes #15, 22 Oct 2002 [N037]

>Martin agreed to draft a text for consideration as a replacement for the
present Charter text on deliverables 2 and 3, for consideration by the
next meeting (ACTION 14/1).

As far as my records show the relevant charter text is:

>2. Selection of a taxonomy that can be used to classify each SDO's
specifications.

>3. A recommendation for how standards registries, both current and
future, can be used together to allow common searching across the
registries hosted by various organizations.

But I also noted that the next paragraph read

>The committee's goal is to create the above deliverables in three to six
months.

Given this I suggest the following replacement text for these three
paragraphs:

2. The identification of a suitable API that will allow users to query a set
of registeries to find standards of relevance to them. The API will include
a common format for the interchange of queries and query responses over the
Internet.

The committee's goal is to create the metadata specification in six months,
and to identify a suitable API as soon after approval of the metadata
specification as is possible.

Martin Bryan
Technical Manager, The Diffuse Project

Diffuse: http://www.diffuse.org, mailto:mtbryan@diffuse.org
The Diffuse Project is funded under the European Commission's IST programme.
Diffuse publications are maintained by IC Focus, The SGML Centre and
TIEKE (Finnish Information Society Development Centre).

The SGML Centre, 29 Oldbury Orchard, Churchdown, Glos GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029  E-mail: mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com

For further details about The SGML Centre visit http://www.sgml.u-net.com