stdsreg message

Subject: [stdsreg] Nov 26 Meeting Update

Title: Nov 26 Meeting Update

My apologies to those trying to connect to the conference call scheduled for Nov 26.  I had some technical difficulties on my end.

Karl and I had a short discussion and I agreed to update you all on a few items via the mail list.

In terms of status of public review, I sent the Call for Comment request to 289 contacts on the ANSI Organization Member Forum list and 419 contacts on the NIST 806 list.  To date, I've had about 20 responses.

I've just returned from the ISO/IEC ITSIG Plenary meetings in Geneva, and there was lots of discussion and interest in the project in response to a presentation I made on the subject.  I have subsequently solicited the input from many members of that community and am also asking for support from ITSIG in distributing and promoting the project further within the broader ISO and IEC arena.

Most exciting is the momentum recently gained on the JTC1 front.  Thanks to the efforts of Francois Coallier and Frank Farance, the project will be further discussed and reviewed at the SC 32 Plenary meeting in January as they begin the process of considering the formalization of the standards metadata specification as an ISO/IEC standard.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.